D. Women’s Empowerment - a ten (10) part series
with representation from Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Bahai, Protestant and Roman
Catholic communities who discuss issues of justice and equality.
1. A New Feminine Spiritual Awakening
2. Biblical Vision of Women as Equals and Partners
Guests include: Donna Mogan, a psychologist; Joyce Singer, a Jewish educator;
Rosemari Sullivan, an Episcopal priest
4. Experiences of Sisterhood
Guests include Tanaz Haddai, a Muslim leader; Diann Neu, co-founder of Women's
Alliance for Theology, Ethics and Ritual; Majorie Bankson, Editor of Faith
and Work, a Christian Publication
5. Women in Leadership Roles in the Roman Catholic Tradition Sr. Chris Schenk
and Rev. Lou Trivison from Future Church and Jim DeBoy , an adult religious
6. Priest Shortage in the Roman Catholic Church Sr. Chris Schenk and Rev.
Lou Trivison from Future Church and John O'Brien, a married priest from CORPUS,
a lobby group for restoration of married RC priests.
Islam and Women's Rights - part one
8. Islam and Women's Rights - part two
Zieba Shorish-Shamley, an anthropologist and human rights advocate from Afghanistan
and Sharifa Alkateeb, a writer and activist for justice and human rights issues
for Muslim women.
Women of Faith - part one
10. Women of Faith - part two
Rabbi Tracy Klirs, Director of Education from Agudas Achim Congregation, Pamela
Poudel, Teacher of the Hindu Tradition, Leila Milan, a representative of the
Bahai faith and Rev. Andrea Hayden discuss spirituality, equality and justice
for women in their religious traditions.