Keynote is an efficient application that fills the exact same function as Microsoft PowerPoint. In this short article I’ll explain the benefits of utilizing Keynote, and how to establish presentations for deployment on Macs, iOS gadgets (iPads and iPhones) and as PowerPoint for Windows PC.
Keynote is fast and trusted. Any big media files, such as video, are driven from the heart of the Mac OS X, or iOS. This implies you can drop HD motion pictures into presentations, along with hi-res photos and audio, and know the presentation will run smoothly. The same smooth playback can be experienced with slide transitions and animations too. People rely on Keynote (See: timeline keynote) when they want slick, easy to develop, but truly impressive discussions.
Here are the bottom lines about cross-platform material development using Keynote.
1. Keynote can open PowerPoint presentations.
2. Keynote can export discussions into PowerPoint formats.
3. The Mac version of Keynote has more functions than its iOS equivalent.
4. A presentation developed using Keynote for iOS, will open neatly in the Mac version of the application.
Points 1 to 3 are substantial since in equating Keynote to PowerPoint, or vice-versa, or from Mac OS X to iOS slide formatting and animations can be lost or changed. Among the greatest consider formatting is changes to fonts. Typestyles and bullet points may alter, and shifts and animations might be lost or substituted. Changes to animations are more obvious when converting Keynote to PowerPoint. When opening Mac OS X Keynote presentations on iPads the only issue that may take place would be where typefaces utilized on the Mac variation are not present on the iOS device.
Checking that no missing out on fonts are missing must be on every speaker’s list. You can do this by opening a presentation on the maker it will be played from. Error messages show when there is an issue.
From these four points I obtained the following workflow standards.
1. A presentation can be established on any current version of Keynote or PowerPoint. Usage either Outline mode, or work straight on the slides but keep style formatting to a minimum in the beginning.
2. Prevent using transitions or animation impacts in the preliminary phases of the presentation advancement.
3. Add text and image content. I prefer to work in Keynote, even when the presentation will only be shown through PowerPoint. If you are familiar with Master Slides these can be used in Keynote and they will be preserved in translation to PowerPoint.
4. If you are going to deploy the presentation across iOS, Mac OS X, and via PowerPoint, attempt opening the presentation on the iOS version of Keynote, and add slide formatting, transitions and animations.
5. As soon as step 4 is complete open a copy of the presentation in Keynote for Mac OS X. Check the slide format, little or no work must be required. Save the Mac OS X version of the presentation. Include more components to the presentation on the Mac version. As long as you do not change any typefaces, the Mac variation of the presentation will still display properly on iOS devices.
6. Export the Mac variation of the presentation to PowerPoint. Open it in PowerPoint where you can finish the slide design and use or customize shifts and animations on the presentation. Do check that media files such as video playback appropriately.
Using this workflow you will develop three versions of a presentation, one for iOS, a second for Mac OS X, and a 3rd for PowerPoint. This workflow minimises any formatting concerns that take place in translating to different formats.